Since yesterday was Canada Day, I do want to give a shout out to any and all Canadians out there, to wish you all a Happy (albeit belated) Canada Day (what can I say, I was out celebrating instead of blogging). If you're like me and root for the home team, then make sure you bookmark Allison McNeill's blog, Coach McNeill is the head coach of Team Canada for the women and having met her personally myself at a coaches clinic, I can say she is one of the smartest basketball people I know. She has some great info on her blog about the behind the scenes of being a national team head coach. Team Canada just got back from a road trip to China where they played three exhibition games in preparation for the World Qualifying Tournament in September at Brazil. Go Canada Go!!!

1 comments

  1. CoachJimmy  

    July 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM

    Yea congrats to the U16 Team Canada for qualifying for the worlds.